The Board of Directors for the Savannah Green Homeowners Association has determined the association may benefit by utilizing social platforms such as Facebook and other similar medias for the purpose of providing information concerning community events, governance, meetings, discussion, and other similar information.
This intent of this page is to establish guidelines to be followed setting behavioral standards, expectations, and guidelines
with respect to use of Association sponsored social media.
Intended Function and Purpose:
Social Media will serve as an extended feature offered by the Board of Directors to aid in facilitating additional means of communication. This feature is not required, nor is it the sole method of communication for community events and announcements. Members wishing to opt out of social media interactions may find community information on the website www.savannahgreen.com
*Please note - social media is not the appropriate forum to report issues or problems directly to the Board of Directors.
Proper procedure for such topics and concerns can be found on the website and/or by emailing email@example.com
Social Media Administrators:
- The Board of Directors is responsible for monitoring all posts and social media content.
- All Board members will be trained in the use of social media tools to ensure consistency in the treatment of posts.
- The Board members shall be the only authorized parties to create new pages, feeds, groups, etc. on behalf of the Association through social networks.
Use of Social Media by Homeowners:
- Association sponsored social media may only be accessed and used by residents within the community.
- Homeowners may post comments and information in relation to the pages, feeds, groups, and other information created by Committee or Board members.
- Posts containing any of the following items are prohibited and will be deemed a violation of this Policy:
- Vulgar language
- Negative or defamatory comments are prohibited
- Photography of a person or persons property that is not their own
- Personal attacks of any kind against any person
- Comments or content that promotes or perpetuates discrimination
- Spam or links to other sites
- Advocating illegal activity
- Promotes services, products, or political organizations
- Information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of any legal action pertaining to the Association.
The Association reserves the right to remove any content the Board or Committee members, in their sole discretion, deem inappropriate or harmful to the Association or any individual.
- Any posts in violation of these guidelines may be deleted by any member of the Board of Directors.
- Content cleanup will be done periodically to delete old information and posts that are seemingly irrelevant to current topics.
- In the event any content is found to be contrary to these guidelines, the owner posting such content will be deemed in violation and subject to appropriate enforcement action in accordance with the Association’s agreed upon actions. Enforcement actions may include, but are not limited to: written warnings, temporary suspensions and removal from the group.
This guidelines may be supplemented or amended from time to time at the discretion of the Board of Directors.